Dr. Ramin Shabtaie, DDS - Plaza Family Dental Group - Carlsbad Ca Dentist
About Ramin Shabtaie
Dr. Ramin Shabtaie graduated from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Dentistry. Subsequently, he completed and Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency training at UCLA Medical Center. Dr. Shabtaie is on staff at the UCLA Medical Center, and has formerly been on staff at Cedars Sinai Medical Center. He is a lecturer for the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery at UCLA.
He was a clinical instructor at Cedars Sinai Medical Center Department of Dentistry/Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery. Dr. Shabtaie is certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support. He is able to treat patients in the hospital, outpatient facilities, surgery centers and in his private office. Dr. Shabtaie is also a state examiner for general anesthesia, providing and monitoring standard of care in office anesthesia and sedation.
Dr. Shabtaie uses only the best in dental implants from the most reputable dental implant manufacturers. This, coupled with his extensive years of highly specialized training and years of clinical experience has earned him the reputation of " Top Doc Oral Surgeon" Having performed over 10,000 surgical procedures to date- some on well known celebrities, including complex dental implant surgeries as well as reconstructive procedures, Dr Shabtaie is one of the top Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
With patients coming to see him both locally and from long distances, and other dentists and specialists seeking advice from him, Dr. Shabtaie is known among his peers to be a knowledgeable and experienced surgeon. Among his patients, he is well known for being caring and gentle. He prides himself in being a perfectionists, and very detail oriented.
- July 1999 - June 2000: Chief Resident, UCLA Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- July 1996 - June 2000: Resident, UCLA Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- September 1992 - June 1996: UCLA School of Dentistry, D.D.S. Degree
- August 1987 - May 1992: California State University, Northridge, Bachelor of Science, Cell and Molecular Biology
- UCLA Teaching Programs - Recipient of Certificate of Appreciation
- UCLA School of Dentistry - Recipient of multiple Exceptional Performance Reports in academic & clinical courses
- California State University, Northridge - Graduate with honors Golden Key National Honor Society Member
- Shabtaie, R; Schwartz, H - Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma manifesting as a submandibular swelling, a case report.
- Shabtaie, R; Schwartz, H - Extra-articular ankylosis of TMJ as a complication of orthognathic surgery, a case report.
- (Published in the Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
- Yagiela, J; Chao, W; Freymiller, E; Shabtaie, R - Efficacy of acupuncture in control of post-oral surgery pain. (Presented at 1995 UCLA School of Dentistry Table Clinic).
Supplemental Clinical Experience
- Clinical Instructor, UCLA Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Department
- Clinical Instructor, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Department of Oral Surgery/Dentistry
- Participant, Thousand Smiles Foundation, providing corrective and reconstructive surgeries for various congenital oral and maxillofacial defects
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Externship, Harbor/UCLA Medical Center
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery Externship, Sinai Hospital, Detroit, MI